Pumpkin Seeds Organic 100g
- Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- One of the safest and most effective ways to treat worms
- Grind seeds and give ¼ tsp per 10 lbs of weight
- Available in multiples of 100g from the Refill station
- Bring your own receptacle or we can provide a compostable bag
Pumpkin seeds and their uses:
We add these nutrient protein packed beauties to the dog’s food once or twice a week, whole or crushed.
Among other nutrients they contain: Curcurbitin, manganese, magnesium, zinc, copper, potassium, folic acid, iron as well as Omega 3&6.
Curcurbitin, is an amino acid that can help paralyze and expel parasites from the gut. It can be found in the seeds of many other vegetables including cucumber, some melons and squashes.
Do not rely as a wormer, check worm burden often with wormcount.com
Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of an amino acid called tryptophan, which in the body is converted into melatonin, (sleep hormone) this can be helpful for those older dogs having trouble sleeping if given in the night-time meal.
Anal Glands & Good health:
Good for skin and fed whole can assist in help to clear anal glands.
roughly quarter of teaspoon per 10lbs of weight.
Take 1 Tablespoon of each: Crushed pumpkin, sunflower & Chia seeds if you have them
- Add a little fruit of choice such as apple, raspberry, blueberry, pear, around 2 tablespoons
- Mix into melted coconut oil and pour into ice cube or other moulds.
- Set in freezer, keep in fridge and give as a treat.
Great treat for all ages but especially those older forgetful dogs adding anti inflammatory benefits as well.
Pumpkin Seed Butter:
Mix ground pumpkin seeds with coconut oil, add in a tiny sprinkle of cinnamon for good measure. Add to food or as a snack on a little apple.